Part of the Cogic Highrise Apartments, a senior-citizen and disabled-citizen independent-living community in East Virginia, caught fire last Saturday. Authorities have not released any statement on the official cause of the fire but some say that one resident went to the store and had left a stove on which, consequently, lead to the incident.
Non-Profit Housing Facility for Senior Citizens Caught Fire
Thankfully, no resident of the non-profit housing facility which is subsidized by the U.S. Department of Housing Urban Development is seriously injured. All its occupants were able to leave the building safely, and the firefighters have immediately responded to the report.